Saturday 11 August 2012

Sweet half of your heart.....


The smile that shines through the heart
 Its the smile that brightens up yo face
 But I can see the tears that run behind it
 The tears that have never run dry

 Tears, cry no more for I can see your heart's grief
 Who am I, you may wonder
 I'm the face that you see every time you close your eyes
 I'm that dream that comes to you every night

 The darkness in the heart may seem endless
 But indeed the answer I am
 I am that sun that shines in your heart by day
 I'm that moon that brightens up your dreams by night

 Who really am I, you may still wonder
 I am that angel who carries you but you never see
 I'm that pulse that you feel in your heart at all times
 I'm that first breath you take in the morning
 And that last prayer you say every night

 The question still stands in your heart
 Who really am I, you wonder
 I'm that shadow whose purpose u don't know
 I'm that whisper that electrifies your heart
 Indeed I am the other sweet half of your heart
 Just waiting, Waiting for a re-union.

By Mkhululi Nyoni ( Zimbabwe )

picture credits: http://www.chupacabramagazine.co.uk/2011/06/15/shadows/

2 comments: