Wednesday 22 August 2012

In The Corner I Hid Myself In...

In the corner i hid myself in,
i saw things i guess weren't for my eyes.
I saw the hate you have for me within,
the betrayal and what hurts me the most is your serpent lies.

I realised your weakness was to
appreciate me,
your strength was to keep pulling me down,
your ability was to mislead thee,
throw me in the ocean of your deceit and let me drown.

I observed that you're only smiling because you've got white teeth,
you're alive because it's a crime to kill you.
I then concluded that you're the reason my everyday felt so blue,
that you're only here because you're trapped in my tender and loving care...this damn super glue.

In the corner i hid myself in
i saw what no one has ever seen.
I saw that your heart is like a dustbin,
a place where no one has ever been.

I tried to close my eyes
and forbid myself from looking,
but i happened to note that you're the reason my faith in love dies,had you known how i hate
poking.

I held my breathe trying not make
noise
but your absence thou you were present was too chaotic.
It felt like i had no choice
but to sit there,recite a poem in my heart for the hurt I'm
enduring makes me poetic.

In the corner i hid myself in,
i died deep inside,
my negativity's grew wide,
i went from pillar to post asking for peace...God knows I've tried,
i bet you're expecting me to let this piece of combined words
slide...
however my tears have already been dried.

In the corner i hid myself in,
i came out strong
and wise,
for you're never wrong
but life is like playing with a dice,
the game might take long,
just make sure at the end of this game you won't be the looser
that cries...

By  Nomthandazo Tsembeni  "Lola-Lady Black Poet"  ( South Africa ) 

picture credits:  cc-writes.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. really touching. I dnt knw how u do it, but u hv a way of loading emotions in your scripts

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Pardon. I think writting a poem should not be just poetry but really expressing your feelings. Letting that ink bleed,let it cause chaos with your paper. Let that paper carry an overdose of emotions...thank you for reading,commenting and liking it. Jah Bless

    ReplyDelete