Tuesday 16 July 2013

Jaise sapne dekhne wala (Like a dreamer)

  • Like one who sees dreams in the darkest night
    A time of fright
    Like one who believes when there's nothing to believe in
    In an age so dim
    My heart feels dark, and my thoughts so heavy
    Is this all that life requires? So little a levy?
    What should I believe in? Where should I hope?
    For the Oracle sees beyond the system, beyond the scope
    Beyond this time and this culture, whose heart beats cold
    Beyond their cold vein and winter storms, that have claimed the old
    What should I believe in? Where should I hope?
    The government and the system? I've been there before!
    I feel like a pilgrim with a long journey before me, 
    Before I leave the precinct, let my mind explode
    Let my voice quake like a toad in a winter fog
    Un-thicken this intricate system, unwind it clog by clog
    Maybe then, as a voice that I am
    I'll begin to see a reality of this dream that I claim
    What should I believe in? Where should I hope?
    I hope for a time when people shall live for more than just themselves...
    By Peter Zoe (Zimbabwe)
    picture source: blackwebseries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment