Friday 5 July 2013

In the melting pot of your words- The man in the chair

I am the personification of freedom
Rooted in my heart and blooming on my head,
Reaching for heaven, lock it and descend it,
Bleed the colour of my dreams into black
And white reality. 

I am a madman, peerless mind
Spilt to cats, they will not judge, not even my garments.


Aah, cats! This one's too tired to give chase to rats
Too tired to think, I think I am, I am? 

Adding up random numerals like maths
Figuring it's a reflection of a thought I long had
I see through the windows of this cat like Gate's Microsoft
Fur balls I puke, and silly notions rebuke but is my mind lost?
Where did I put those keys? Where did I hide that book?
I got questions like an exam and a shadow for a pupil with an eerie look
Would you pry on my life if you could? 
Vacating in insanity as I share conversations with a cat like Carbonel...


In tatters torn from limb to limb
My insanity shines to all it will seem
Undress and curse me,with thine eyes
But beyond the skin is where truth lies

For glum cogitations,are what make me
In the presence of a cat,I can freely be
As I stroke it softly,it whirrs and purs
For I derive my wisdom from it's furs

Now Man may say yet again like a fool:
Solitude with my cat,makes me a tool
That being away from my fellow kind
Evokes madness incarcerates my mind

I say to they,who so stupidly think
My mental disintegration is at its' brink
That I fear thee, must be away from you
Lest I become thy minion like my cat too...


Who said that I didn’t try?
Who said that I was sad?
Broken hearted and lonely
That am just sitting and whinning for what could have been
When really they don’t know the story behind

this expression that I am wearing!
Funny how they hide behind the first  impression cliché
But who cares what they are thinking anyway?!
Over-analyzing every detail from the tear of my pants, locks of my hair
To the way I choose to paint my portraits in black and white
I AM JUST A POET TRYING TO LOOK GOOD IN A PICTURE!!


By Philani Nyoni, Thelonius Monk, Alex Dube and Boineelo Jen Lee

picture source: Facebook - Scribbled Poetry Page

No comments:

Post a Comment