Tuesday 2 July 2013

In the melting pot of your words- The man in the chair


Oh my! Life is such a mess.
Is this all I've got left, worn out dusty suit and this lil' filth of an animal?
I recall the days of old when she loved me dearly
Doesn't want anything to do with me now, clearly

When days were brighter...
sailing through rough seas of thoughts
leaving footnotes at every harbor of delight for I have been there, 
Days were brighter, friends were plenty, 
times were happier, 
No one thought twice of harboring me for a night
for I remitted their tickets to their amusement, 
when days were brighter and friends were plenty, 
Now, 
I sit silently contemplating events that occured
My brain full of stains meditating with the heavens above
Above all thoughts succumbed life and life became a thought


Am lost in the maze...searching
I try to catch that bird perching
but it slipped from me
like the sigh in the wind
that reminded me of days long gone

Now it's all I can do to keep the tears from flowing...
I've tried to push and pull
I've tried to shove
I've tried to nudge
All to on avail

What's left for me to do?
Should I steal?
Aww no!
Am not made for that
but I know
I will pray
and God will play
then it will pay
to trust in His say
for it's His way

That will save me. 

By Edwina Mazunda, Teboho Mtabane, Napo Robert Mokoena, Kingdal Machiaveli Mufc (Africa)

picture source: Facebook - Scribbled Poetry Page


No comments:

Post a Comment