Thursday 1 November 2012

Unfaithful

Rage builds up inside and my blood boils
A whirlwind of emotions overwhelm me like a flash flood
How could you?

Don't you know I will always remain true?
Flashbacks of the vows we made
Are blown apart by this vile indiscretion
Our blissful matrimony sacrificed
Why would you?
Don't you know I will give my all for you?
End it: I should smite you both with a single blow
Yet my love for you causes forgiveness to flow
The fury within me burns like a wild fire
Yet the love I have for you causes my hands to hang limp
The pain I feel would have me rip you limb from limb
Yet I can't forget our joy you've brought
When did you?
Don't you know I've loved you from the start?
I've been blinded by your love
When you worked late I thought it was for us
When you kept me waiting on our dates I didn't ask
When you stepped out to answer your phone I didn't suspect
When my embrace couldn't warm you I questioned myself
Now I know the answer had nothing to do with me
Where did we go wrong?
I can't hate you I built my world on loving you
I can't love you I'd be hating myself
We can't go on I've got nothing for you
We can't go back you burnt all the bridges
I don't get you
You sit here and say you owe it to me
He's gone from the land of the living
And now you feel like giving?
The bug he had now has you
And you owe it to me to tell me to get tested?

By Mandlenkosi Nkomo (Zimbabwe)
picture source: madamenoire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment