Sunday 18 November 2012

Gentle Breeze... Take Me Away, Please...


Gentle breeze 
Whispering winds 
Tamed gales 

Take me 
Ferry me 
I have spread my wings 
To your nature, 
My discordant voice sings 
To an Island 


Take me away 
And place me to a piece of land, 
Isolated by water 
Take me away 
And place me in a piece of solitude 
Surrounded by memories of Edward and Clarrise 
That cast a smile on my face 
And masks my tears 

Take me away 
Oh, gentle breeze 
To my fort 
Where i draw strength from the beauty of words 
Where my might lies in scribbling scrolls of thoughts at my experiences costs speaking of all those losses that transform me to a formidable force and impart beliefs I shant divorce in metaphoric courts 

Take me away 
You tamed gales 
To an island: 
Scaled gray 
Shaded in black and white 
With waves of water kissing the shores 
Gently carressing the soles 
Of my feet 
My legs immersed in the mud 
An emblem of my troubles 
Erased by bodies of water that nibble the earth and pull back 

Take me to an island 
Where a former love 
Makes merry with a little child 

Take me to an island 
So that when i get there 
I will spread my hands out 
And arm the caption with a smile 
Basking in Gods Grace 
And leave a trail of happiness 
Take flight in shades 
And keep time on my wrist 
Ask a companion to freeze this moment, 
Capture it on a picture and own it

By Ernest Mackina (Zimbabwe )

photo credits.  www.google.com

1 comment: