Saturday 3 January 2015

lest i forget...

I forget a lot of things
Some matter, some don't
In this haste to create a life I dream of
Sometimes I shatter your dreams
But when I breath this air
I remember the miracle I am
I don't want to forget God's love in my life
His mercy, His grace
When I live to see another year
Let me be reminded of His never failing love, for me
Because He made me meet you
In some way, you have touched my life
You have made me laugh
Maybe angry,
Maybe sad
Maybe I even reciprocated the actions, and feelings
But in this way, I am here because you influenced my life
For the times I was happy
Thank you,
Let me say this now
Lest I forget how much you matter
Before this life pulls me away
Its realms reaping you from my reach
Because every moment spent with you was priceless
And words cannot express my misery when I let you down
Because I still want you in my life
To laugh, live and love
To load, aim and fire
To repeat whats necessary
This we have is greater than me
But before I forget all this
Before every bit of it fades into nothingness
Let me thank you for being my friend.
By Pardon Gwara (Zimbabwe)
Picture credits; "Best Friends Forever" by Kip Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment