Sunday 16 March 2014

I DID IT ALL FOR YOU

What is it that I didn’t do for you
Didn’t I give respect and honor
Wasn’t I like the women of old
Who adorned themselves not in braided hair or jewelery
But I adorned myself with a quiet and gentle spirit

It was not of love being blind 
It was not stupidity that I endured it all
Never my fault that I was naïve
I possessed hope that you would change
I carried thy weaknesses in pure love

But in response you took my heart
Crushed it for I was of little strength
For once you didn’t care I was also human
That I also needed to be loved
That all I ever wanted in return was just your love
In the summers and winters of life
That was to keep us going

But now am packing my heart
You found in a broken state but never cared
It would have been bleeding at such a time
But amazingly
The Lord knoweth well thus He went ahead of time
To stand in a strategic position that
Even when am exiting your life
It is in a preserved state
He made me untouchable

Because I am His daughter you see
I will smile at the morning to be birthed out for the night past
For it bring with it abundant joy
Behold a new and better future has been set.
Thank you for the lessons learnt
Both good and bad
For unto them the Lord loves
It shall all work together for my profiteering


By Charity Mbundinga (Zimbabwe)

No comments:

Post a Comment