Tuesday 4 June 2013

Letter to the object of my affection...

Dear Lover,
You might not know this,
But we are in love.
You are mine,and mine only.
In my own little world.
In my bedroom that I have adorned,
with pictures of you and memorabilia.
All in your name.
A shrine,
dedicated to you,the love of my life.

Dear Lover,
You might not know this,
But you are married to me.
Out of love I did you this favour:
Bought this sixty carat gold ring,
Centered with a sapphire diamond,
And on your behalf:
Proposed to myself.And I said yes!
I placed it on my finger,
And boy did it look stunning on me.
You extravagant boy!
How dare you spoil me so!

Dear Lover,
You might not know this,
But you made passionate love to me.
Yes.Yes You did.
On our wedding night and on the floor.
It was on a monsoon night.
Sheer pleasure and delight.
Love making guided by candlelight
Till the cock's hen was cackling at dawn.
Your menthol-fragrant lips,
Tasted like waters from God's own valley.
And all of you plunged deep in me,
I felt numb and more in love.

Dear Lover,
You might not know this,
But I'll be pregnant and with child.
It will be your breed I'll brood
And the most beautiful of all.
These child-bearing hips,
await the conception and arrival,
Of bouncing babies I'll make you,
Of the progeny that will bring us joy,
And blessings and happiness.
They'll have their father's good looks,
Great health,brains and brawn too!

Dear Lover,
You might not know this,
But you're mine for the keeping forever.
In my grasp and in my heart.
Where we can never grow apart.
You are mine dear lover yes you are!


By Alex Nyasha Dube (Zimbabwe)

picture source: http://www.facebook.com/AfroFutures/photos_stream

No comments:

Post a Comment