Sunday 8 September 2013

WHAT YOU ARE TO ME...

You bring unimaginable joy to me
A spark of hope you bring to my world
A world hitherto sullen and solitary
When you talk, you address the fears of my mind
You sooth my aching soul with your honey-filled melodies
My heart finds a shelter in you, never to depart no more
In you I find my being, you bring back long forgotten memories
Memories likened to the titanic kind of love
How I yearn for your telepathic caresses
My oasis in the desert have you become
It is true we taste darkness, so we can appreciate day
Like a sweet scented petal, you attracted many insects
From far and near they sought your love and attention
Yellow, Indian, Hispanic, Asian, white they did come
Yet you chose me, an African man
Trusted the oceans when it was still
When it became stormy with its accompanying uncertainties,
You foresaw the end of the tempest and built your nest
I am married to your embraces forever
Through thick and thin, I will remain true
In life’s ups and downs, I will be there
Till your mortal remains is lowered beneath
I will remain yours truly and faithfully
I love you my love, I love you.                                                                                           

By Michael Dale-Asiedu (Ghana)


Photo credits : www.facebook.com/jadiliafrika

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful,Michael.. LOVE this completely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeei menua this is good ooooooooooo, eish y3f3

    ReplyDelete