Tuesday 12 February 2013

"I Will Sing You A Song"

I see the look in your face
I sense over flow 
Of emotions in your heart 
You mumble as I feel your lips
Endless tap of your feet n
Shake of your hands
Tell a story of restlessness
You don't have to say a word
Your being projects confusion
And hope that is misplaced
I hold you close
But from the looks of it
Human touch is not enough
Only Jah knows the heart
And I don't have powers
To see through human flesh
Or analyse the different
Processes of your mind
A tone can say so much
Better than words I can match
I will sing you a song
Not to make you forget
But to help you overcome
The thoughts holding you back
I will sing you a song
Specially for you
I will sing you a song
To remind you
I'm always here for you


By Zalisile Terrence ( South Africa )

5 comments:

  1. wow, its even better than what my words could say. Im so in love with this poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, its even better than what my words could say. Im so in love with this poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem, with all there is to love poetry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will sing her a song, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent piece

    ReplyDelete